Set availability in SharePoint Online list and connect it with flow

Copper Contributor

I am trying to create a shift schedule in a SPO List.

Ideally we should have an option for each person to set themselves as available. For that i created a yes/no column called "Available now"

Scenarios that would work me:

- Person edits their own item in the list, sets availability field of their item to yes or no, and it triggers an email through the flow.

- Person sends an email through the flow (or any other possible trigger, if you have some idea feel free to say it), and it automatically updates the field in the column "Available now" of that person to yes.

The problem i have with the first scenario is that i would have to ask 100+ people to create their entries in the list, because if i create it for all of them, they will not be able to edit their own items.

It would be much easier if i can create it all myself and somehow have the system of letting them set themselves to available - yes/no, and then having some sort of notification. That's the whole idea.

shifts.JPG

Any hint?

Thank you

3 Replies

Organization does wanna use SPO only, not Shifts : /

Why can’t they edit their own entry if you create it? Do you have the item level security on?

Another way is you could create it for all of them and have a person column and then set your default view to filter by that person column with the value [me]. Then they only see their own by default. Not sure if requirements but an idea.