Seeking additional advice about the Embed web part

Iron Contributor

I'm having a couple of issues using the Embed web part (SharePoint Online - Modern environment using Communication template) and was hoping one of the gurus would be able to give me some guidance.

I've read through the support article Add content to your page using the Embed web part, and I have confirmed I have everything set up as per those instructions. 

Following is my scenario: 

I have two different 'versions' of the source website that I wish to display on the one page. I used two embed web parts to do the job. 

In the src URL, I've been advised to use an 'audience type code' to get the different versions of the site.  That is code would be  src="https://sitename.com/?AudienceTypeCode=INT". The other 'audience type' for the second version (and second web part embed code is EXT).  

I've struck two problems. 

1. On save, in 'read' mode both web parts are displaying the same version of the page.   When I go back into edit, web part settings has the correct audience type in each separate web part. It would seem that the source of the first web part is simply overriding the second.
  2. In 'read mode' the iframe content in the second web part is not displaying as per the width and height information in the embed code.  Rather, a very small box with both a horizontal and vertical scroll bar appears.  This is not at all useable for end users. 
    Note that the embed code for both web parts have scrolling="yes"

Can anyone suggest a solution? 

Or is the simple answer that you cannot have two embed web parts pointing to the same source site on the one page where 'audience type' instructions in the URL are the only difference. 

Second question would be, if each 'version' had proper unique addresses if this would still happen and it is just not possible to have two embed web parts pointing to the same source site.

0 Replies