Search not working in SP 2019 communication site

Copper Contributor

have installed SharePoint Server 2019 on a single server with all imaginable Service applications.

I have created a host named web application in which I created root site collection based on the Communication Site template and used my own Domain controller to create a locally signed certificate which is valid as far as I can tell. Now everything seems to work except that the search page in my Communication Site keeps telling me "We couldn't find what you're looking for". The errors occurs for all users regardless of permission level on the site. 

The issue seems to be related to authentication because when I track the request in fiddler, I get several 401 (Unauthorized) errors. A fiddler session archive is included in the attached zip file.

I have searched both google and bing and the regular community forums like github and here but haven't found any solution to this issue. When looking in the ULS logs i found a message stating that "Context has no SMTP/UPN claims" and after that I see IsAuthenticated=False, which makes me beleive that this has something to do with it, but I haven't found anything that explains what the message might mean. The relevant part of the ULS log, with verbose authentication and claims logging, is also included in the attached zip file.

If there's anyone who has any input or tips on how to get this working, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies