Search in Sharepoint online

Brass Contributor

Hi all,

In Sharepoint online there are two places to disable search. One is on site level and one is on Library level.

When a user is within a site, they can search content on the current site they are in or whole sharePoint Online as shown in the attached file.

Requirement is that company does not want content to be searchable when use search on top (search entire organization), but it should show result if search the bottom field (search this site).

For now, i have disabled search on site level and it does not show any result when use the top search bar, but it also does not show result when use bottom search bar.

Is it possible at all to adjust search according to our requirement?

Thanks!

3 Replies
Hi,
Both the search box use the Search settings, if it is disabled then both the search box will not show the results. I doubt that the search box on the library can be linked to different content source.

Hope it helps, please like it or mark it as a solution if it resolves ur clarification or issue
-Sudharsan K...

Thanks for reply@Sudharsan K 

it didnt clarify much for me. It short, is it possible to make document library searchable only within the site (bottom searchbar in the attached pic)

Hi,
Can you try creating a new search results page and all the search results web part with the defined content sources. Then map the search page for that site so that it will not navigate to the default search centre.