Search goes to page but not place in page?

Brass Contributor

I am working on an intranet site using SP modern communications pages. Our old site does not have search, so the search in SP is a huge selling point. 

We have built out a great deal of content and I am starting to test the search function. I am finding that when I search, I just get a list of documents / site pages that contain the word. When I select an item from the list, it just takes me to the top of the page containing the search word, not to the point in the page. 

Is this the limit of search functionality, or am I missing something. If I have a 90 page operations plan that used to be in PDF format that has been converted to a SP page and I search for a word only to be taken to the top of the page and have to search the page again using the browser, then I don't understand really what the point of the search in SP is. . . 

Someone please tell me I am an idiot and am missing something really basic. 

Thanks! 

2 Replies

@CW_213 : Search result in SharePoint will give you the content which has the keyword you searched with.

@Ashish_Kohale  So if the searched-for word appears in a 10,000 word paragraph on a page, the best we get is to take you to that page and then you have to run another search for that word on the page using control-F?