Search Box on Team Site

Copper Contributor

I have a couple of team sites and the search field is not displaying. Once upon a time, I would be able to create a team site and I would have to have my quick launch enabled, I would then remove all links (I prefer top site navigation) and the search field and the recycle bin link would remain. Now, when I remove all navigation elements, the entire quick launch navigation is disappearing. I've tried both Oslo and Seattle layouts. Any idea where I'm going wrong? 

I did have this site associated to a hub site and I removed that association to test and no change. I created a new site and received the same result. I need to be able to search on every site. 

4 Replies

I managed to reproduce this when i removed all entries from the Quick Launch. However if You remove all entries except for "Home" the Search Field will remain in its place. 

I would love to not have any side navigation at all. Do you have any recommendations on a solution? My company has so graciously removed our ability to add the custom script web part, so I've got nothing else.

I am relatively sure that "Microsoft Search" will solve this problem. You can read about it here (it is fresh news).  If You have some developers available i guess they would be glad to solve it temporary for you using SPFx.

Regards, Magnus

Microsoft search really doesn't help. It brings far too many result not relevant to the site. And I don't have the custom search web oart I heard about. Such a disappoinment.