Scoping of search in team site / communication sites

Microsoft

Hi!

I am working on the modern search experience in sharepoint. One of the things that we have had some feedback on is the scoping of search when searching from a team site or a communication site. I would like to ask you what you think of the current experience and if / how you would like to have it.

The idea is that when you do a search from the site we will surface the search results scoped to the site you have search from. You can then choose to upscope the search to all Sharepoint results by clicking the Sharepoint link in the search breadcrumb in the following picture.

breadcrumb.png

What do you think about this feature?

23 Replies

Work is ongoing for selecting scope for a site to tenant wide or site scoped. Would guess prod ETA is a couple of months. Will keep you updated and share documentation when this is available.

The option to select the default scope is needed.

We wanted to do a hub per departement and a different site for the Intranet home but, since we want the search to be as easy as possible, we will do an Intranet hub for the home site and all the department main sites.

Not our preferred option but we will reorganize when the new search option is available.

Status? Still hunting for a search box of three hubs with associated sites...not the 100 others. I can't just add all the sites on a hub (that would not sync sites as they change or are created.