SOLVED

Save list as template missing

Brass Contributor

Hello guys , 

i am using SPO ,

• created a Team site.
  • created list

then i tried to go to list setting to Save List As Template "  but i couldn't find the option so i googled and i found that i have to go to sharepoint admin center ... settings ... custom script section then choose allow users to run custom scripts on personal sites ... but the problem is i found it already chosen ... so i did it the powershell way 

#Variables for Admin Center & Site Collection URL

#Connect to SharePoint Online
Connect-SPOService -url $AdminCenterURL -Credential (Get-Credential)

#Disable DenyAddAndCustomizePages Flag
Set-SPOSite $SiteURL -DenyAddAndCustomizePages $False

my question now is how do i make it available to all my sharepoint sites ? i don't want to do it manually every time ... ??? does turning the custom scripts off then on solve it ?

4 Replies
You should avoid using the Save as templae list feature...as an alternative, take a look at Site Scripts and Site Designs and PnP Templates
okay so where do i find those options and why ?
best response confirmed by robert_robert (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi,
If you want to create a list when creating a new site or already created site, you can use Site Scripts & Site Designs. Please go through the below link for better understanding.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/site-design-overview

@robert_robert 

You can do that through one of the below options:

1. Create list from existing list
  2. Use PnP
  3. Enable Custom script

Check the details Workarounds to Save list as template in SharePoint Online

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by robert_robert (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Hi,
If you want to create a list when creating a new site or already created site, you can use Site Scripts & Site Designs. Please go through the below link for better understanding.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/site-design-overview

View solution in original post