save list as template is missing and change url do not work

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm trying to copy a list. In some blogs from internet, they say I can save the list as template, then use the template to make a same list.  But I just do not have the save list as template option.Also, some blogs say that  in the list setting, URL is ".../listedit.aspx?List={GUID}", change the "listedit" to "savetmpl" , but what I get is your access is denied.It's weird cause I'm already the owner of the site and it is still the default permission level. Does this have something to do with the region?I work in Japan. Thanks for your help.

list setting.png

4 Replies
Are you trying to save your list in a modern SPO site? If so, that's the reason why you don't see the option. By the way, this way of saving a list as a template it's not recommended nowadays, you should take a look at the possibilities that PnP provisioning brings to you
only in case of o365 groups you dont get this option, can you check if you are trying to save it on a group?

yes, a modern SPO site. Thanks,I will try to learn to use PnP provisioning but I'm really a new  learner and it may take some time. Is there any workaround to copy lists?

You can look that sample presented for a complete subsite creation with lists …
It will help you to create your own provisioning script for your list

Fab