SOLVED

Revealing page list in Managed Metadata Hierarchy

Iron Contributor

Using native Modern functionality, Is there a way to reveal the list of pages in a communication site's Pages Library, using the hierarchy defined in the term set you've defined for Nav of the site?

Essentially, my nav is too large for revealing as managed nav, so I want to create a Table of Contents page for the Site's home page, which is essentially a site map.

Using the Highlighted content web part I am able to pull-in the list of pages.

I'm also easily able to filter it by the highest-level of the nav & use separate web parts for each of those high-level buckets.  But other than that, it seems like I'm stuck with just an alpha sorted list by title, date, or author--and no grouping.

The List view of the highlighted content web part doesn't appear to be flexible, where I can add and remove columns in the view, or hide the column headers, so I don't want to end up with a ton of separate web parts showing headers and taking up a lot of room.

Does anyone have a more polished approach for this?

If needed, I can create a custom web part, but I'd much prefer to work native.

@Sean Squires, I think you might be the right contact for this.  Are there layout improvements in the pipeline for the Highlighted Content web part list view?  I'd hate to waste the time creating a custom web part if there's enhancements coming soon.

Thanks community!

4 Replies
Only thing that I know of list wise getting an update anytime soon is the list view webpart and documents library webpart you’ll be able to use views and all that on them. I. Can’t recall thou if the site pages library is usable though I’d need to test it. Other than that the list view in the highlighted content web part isn’t getting that kind of update to my knowledge any time soon.
best response confirmed by Beth Hall (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Have you tried just creating a view of the site pages library and using it in a doc lib web part on a page? That should work.
Oh, good lord, Thank you Sue! Some days ya just need a nudge to see the forest!
Well I was on the right path :face_with_tears_of_joy:
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Beth Hall (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Have you tried just creating a view of the site pages library and using it in a doc lib web part on a page? That should work.

View solution in original post