Results from a form - multiple answers - format in SP list

Brass Contributor

Hello, 

I'm feeding my sp list with answers from a form , by using a flow. Everything works well, but i'm curious for the following issue ; 

In my form i have several multiple choice questions, for which the user is allowed to select multiple answers. These answers are shown in my sp list, but it looks very messy. 

fex: There is a question ' what are your interests, and this is how the answers are shown in the list : 

["cars & motors","computers & IT,"games","art"]

Is there a workaround to display these answers in another way? 

I'm quite sure this is fixable with the Json formatting, but this is not my strongest skill. 

I don't need a full fix, just a push in the right direction or an idea how to fix this. 

(example in attachment ) 

Thanks

Jan. 

4 Replies
So unfortunately I don't really have the time to get the details on how to do this but maybe I can point you in the right direction. Look into using the built in functions listed here talking about string manipulation : https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/use-expressions-in-actions/

There are also actions you can pass data and or variables through to manipulate that data from across from forms before it gets sent into SharePoint.

Depending on what you want to do and what you're pushing data to, you could use a number of expressions to filter out the various parts of that string. I just entered an expression which is made up of Replace statements, just like you'd use in Excel.

replace(replace(replace(replace(triggerBody()?['Title'],'"',''),'[',''),']',''),',','<br>')

In this case, the triggerBody()?['Title'] is the Title field of the triggering list item. This Flow was triggered from a new item created in a SharePoint list. The Flow and the result can be seen in the attached screenshots.

Is this what you had in mind?

Seems very promising!! :) I will test this and provide you with feedback.

many thanks for your time & effort Matt!

I am also having the same issue....@Jan Janssens 

Can someone please post the Flow steps they included to incorporate this to remove the unwanted characters? I'm struggling to see where and how to fit it in the Flow I have built... Thanks!