Restrict Users Access to Pages Based on Forms

Copper Contributor

Hi

I am sorry if I am going about this all ham fisted or as we may say wrong end first.  But I got to start somewhere.

I have been playing about with SharePoint and worked out quite a lot on my lonesome just by trying bits and pieces.  Pretty cool tool for what I need.

What I am considering is using it to manage our internal on line learning system.  Broadly speaking I am embedding MS Forms into Powerpoint and then pushing the Powerpoint into SharePoint pages based on level within the company.  So beginner will do induction, SDS understanding, Working with Chemicals safely and similar.  We already have the PPT's built and now I am thinking I can drop the Forms in, use flow to get the forms checked and approved by my VA, and once approved this beginner can be granted access to the next level of the courses.

The online courses are not mandatory.  However I don't let staff advance until they are completed some of the specific training.

I was trying to work out how to restrict individual users to specific pages or sections or however best I can do this, and got all confussed with the discussion on permission levels etc.  Can someone point me to a dummies guide for this?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply

Hi @dynamictiger - if you're trying to restrict access by SharePoint page, go into Site Contents > Site Pages, select a page and then click the little icon in the top right (i in a circle) to open the information panel and then click 'manage access.' Remove who shouldn't be there and add the intended audience.

You can do the same for each PowerPoint by navigating to the library they're stored in, selecting each one and managing access.

Hope i understood your question and that this helps.