SOLVED

Restrict download/print document in MS Teams/Sharepoint doc library for Users with Read permission

Copper Contributor

I am wondering if there is a best practice or way to restrict downloads/printing document in MS Teams/sharepoint document library for Users with Read/view permission.

The scenario is for documents owners to be able to upload document into MS teams channel (i.e. General channel which is a folder in "documents" library called General when opened from sharepoint team sites) and members with read access be able to preview the documents  but should not able to download, print, copy the documents.

I was able to enable IRM (Information Rights Management) on the document library and below information is the results.

• We could do restricting certain users(with read access) from uploading and editing documents.
  • But not able to restrict users from downloading.
  • Once the file is downloaded users can only view but could not print and edit, which is fine. but the user can copy file in to flash and use some were else which is not ok for us.

How do we go about these restriction for both MS Teams and sharepoint?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Putoro-007 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
You will need to take a look here at what Conditional Access + Information Protection can provide you here
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Putoro-007 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
You will need to take a look here at what Conditional Access + Information Protection can provide you here

View solution in original post