SOLVED

restrict anyone link creation to specific users/groups per site

Brass Contributor

Hi everyone. I have a scenario here with a customer, where we want to restrict "anyone" link creation to specific users/groups per site.

I know it's possible tenant wide as described here under "Allow only users in specific security groups to share externally". But we need to do this per SharePoint Site.

Example of what we want to achieve:

SharePoint X: Every Owner and Member can create anyone sharing links

SharePoint Y: Only User1 and User2 or Security Group Y can create anyone sharing links

1 Reply
best response confirmed by preuley30 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@preuley30 I don't think this is possible for individual SharePoint sites.

These settings are available only at tenant level and not at SharePoint site collection / site level.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by preuley30 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@preuley30 I don't think this is possible for individual SharePoint sites.

These settings are available only at tenant level and not at SharePoint site collection / site level.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

View solution in original post