SOLVED

Restrict Access based on Content Type

Iron Contributor

I am working on a Report Repository in SharePoint. This document library will leverage Syntex to automatically assign Content Types to documents added to the library. One thing I am also hoping to be able to do without a Power Automate workflow is to restrict access to some files based on "Content Type". Perhaps leverage DLP or some other built in SharePoint Online functionality.

For example say a document is classified as "Payroll", I would like to restrict the access to that document to only Accounting Security Group.

4 Replies
You can use sensitivity labels (built in feature of Syntex). See https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/syntex/apply-a-sensitivity-label-to-a-model
Will that work for PDF documents too? I thought Sensitivity Labels were only for Office Documents? (Sorry... I should have said the file types in use in my post.)
best response confirmed by NThoman (Iron Contributor)
Solution
It works for PDF files too although an Azure Information Protection Premium P1 or Premium P2 license is required. You may be thinking of Information Rights Management (IRM)
Thanks, I'll give it a look.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by NThoman (Iron Contributor)
Solution
It works for PDF files too although an Azure Information Protection Premium P1 or Premium P2 license is required. You may be thinking of Information Rights Management (IRM)

View solution in original post