SOLVED

Restore All Files to Previous Version

Brass Contributor

Hello guys,

I'm still working on my migration project to SharePoint Online.

I have a question regarding a risk scenario. Let's imagine a user gets hit by a cryptovirus. It will encrypt all the files accessible to the user and, I suppose, SP will create a new version of the file. Is there a way, for the user or the admin, to restore all the files to the previous version ? 

Of course, using a backup is the obvious answer. Yet, I was wondering if there was an another solution.

KR

5 Replies
In addition to my previous post, I know OneDrive offers a functionnality to restore files : https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-OneDrive-Blog/Announcing-New-OneDrive-for-Business-...
I Don't Believe, it wil be enough for the job.
This same feature is coming to SharePoint in the near future so you can do the same with Files Restore to SharePoint library. I want to say by end of year.
Thank you very much for your reply. In the mean time, do you know if Microsoft support will be able to do the job for us ?
best response confirmed by Stephane KLOIS (Brass Contributor)
Solution
I can't speak for them but I don't see why not, pretty sure there is a powershell script that can be run that accomplishes the same.
I don't think Microsoft support will restore a specific version of your documents for you...what they will do if you ask for it is restore a backp of your site collections, but nothing else...if you need to restore your document versions you will need to create your own PS Script to do that task until we have the files restore feature in SPO document libraries
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Stephane KLOIS (Brass Contributor)
Solution
I can't speak for them but I don't see why not, pretty sure there is a powershell script that can be run that accomplishes the same.

View solution in original post