SOLVED

Responsive SharePoint site with custom page temples

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I want to create a responsive SharePoint portal with website kind of look .There are some custom temple for the pages . Please let me know what would be the best approach to develop .

Thanks.

5 Replies

@MeShare115 Here are few suggestions:

1. Try to use SharePoint OOTB web parts as much as you can. They are responsive by default.
  2. SharePoint supports saving pages as templates. So for faster setup, you can use page templates in SharePoint.
  3. If you are developing any custom solution using SharePoint framework (SPFx), follow SharePoint grid and responsive design documentation.
  4. Also, have a "look" at SharePoint look book to get ideas how you can create & setup beautiful SharePoint sites.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi Ganesh,
Thanks for the response . I also want to use mostly OOTB web parts but OOTB web-parts and design are very limited . Can we go with hybrid way like few OOTB webparts and few custom. Also please suggest if we use all webpart in page as OOTB and want to apply custom CSS on page , is it feasible . I know we can create modern script editor and put css but is it the recommended way to do . Please suggest.

@MeShare115 You can use both OOTB & custom web parts on single page without any problem. You cannot apply custom CSS directly on modern pages using OOTB web parts.

You can use modern script editor web part on a page to inject custom CSS. However this type of DOM manipulations are not recommended by Microsoft because if in future Microsoft changes ID or classes of HTML elements for which you are injecting custom CSS, it will break your customizations.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

best response confirmed by MeShare115 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @ganeshsanap ,  ok so if we don't use modern script editor what is the other recommended way to change look and feel of your modern page based on client requirement .

Should we go with complete SPFx solutions ?

Please suggest.

@MeShare115 It depends on what part of site/page you want to customize.

1. To change the site navigation, header, footer look and feel: Change the look of your SharePoint site 
  2. If you are not happy with existing themes & colors, you can create custom themes: SharePoint site theming 
  3. To customize page content by adding custom web parts: Overview of the SharePoint Framework 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MeShare115 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @ganeshsanap ,  ok so if we don't use modern script editor what is the other recommended way to change look and feel of your modern page based on client requirement .

Should we go with complete SPFx solutions ?

Please suggest.

View solution in original post