Resitricting users to particular view in sharepoint online classic

Brass Contributor

I have number of list library views, specific to sharepoint group.

say I have three sharepoint groups 

Amazon_Vendor

MasterCard_Vendor

Paypal_Vendor

and each above vendor I have created unique view from list library.

I want to disable option of changing view so, I will publish each views on separate link and restrict link access to user group( each user group will have link access to one link where view is published)

but when user click on link and open view he still get option to change view, I wan to restrict that , so he can not change view.

6 Replies
Hi Rautchetan,

Can you screenshot for us?
I think that your issue is granting permission.
thanks

Hi, please find attached screenshot,

highlighted select view option, I want to disable that choice, so user can not change view.

is this possible?or any other way to restrict user for changing view or limit view

SPO list / document library views does not support any kind of security configuration what means that once you create a public view there is no way to restrict who can see it

@Juan Carlos González Martín 

then what is solution?

Please check my requirement

I want to filter items of list library on the basis of sharepoint groups. users belong to one sharepoint group-IT can only see list items which having value in one column Vendor='IT'

users belong to another sharepoint group -Finance can only see list items which having value in column Vendor='finance'

when user visit page he can only see list items which having value in column mapped with user group.

how can I achieve this in sharepoint online classic

I got following link for filtering of List library, using CAML query

https://www.crowcanyon.help/article/304/

will it work with sharepoint online classic?

@rautchetan no because it uses SharePoint Designer. As we've previously said, SharePoint Designer has been retired and doesn't work with Office 365 SharePoint Online. Please don't keep asking the same question multiple times.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User