SOLVED

Required Info Columns (Metadata)

Copper Contributor

Hello Community,

We have lots of different document libraries which have not had the Metadata column updated even if it's required, and I would like to try and capture this.

Is there a way or a report that you can get a notification if a Required Info Column has not been filled in within various document libraries.

Thank you

Claire

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Claire Allen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Claire Allen 
I am not aware of reports. You may wish to consider the following:
1. Use Views
Add a filter for column is equal to and leave the value blank
2. Use PowerShell
I do not have examples but you iterate through your libraries and detect items without required metadata
3. Use CAML queries (plus CSOM or REST) to filter out items without required metadata.

Options 2 and 3 are quite technical. I am not sure if this is an option. I would first look into using views.

NB:
I am not sure if you can use Search to find empty values. This may also depend on the type of column (single line, date, lookup, managed metadata, ...)
Paul

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Claire Allen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Claire Allen 
I am not aware of reports. You may wish to consider the following:
1. Use Views
Add a filter for column is equal to and leave the value blank
2. Use PowerShell
I do not have examples but you iterate through your libraries and detect items without required metadata
3. Use CAML queries (plus CSOM or REST) to filter out items without required metadata.

Options 2 and 3 are quite technical. I am not sure if this is an option. I would first look into using views.

NB:
I am not sure if you can use Search to find empty values. This may also depend on the type of column (single line, date, lookup, managed metadata, ...)
Paul

View solution in original post