Request permissions mail is in wrong language

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

My english user has created a Private Team site but in Italian default language.

Now the request permission email are sent in italian language.

How I can change email in English langiage? Is it possible?

many thanks for help

Massimo

5 Replies

@Mugnons : Please refer to this link and see if it helps. You can provide option for user to translate the email notification to required language. Hope it helps

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/create-multilingual-communication-sites-pages-and-news-2b...

@Surya_Pammithanks for reply! I read the article but it talk only on Communication Site and I have a Team Site created from Teams app.... and seems that the default language cannot be changed ....

other suggestions?

Massimo

@Mugnons 

I have the same issue only my site is default Japanese. I contacted my IT about this and they could not figure it out either. If you have an answer please share.

We have the same issue, one of our communication sites has default language Chinese and one of the owners of this site is a person in The Netherlands. This person does not speak Chinese, but all the request permission emails are sent the her in Chinese. She now manually needs to translate those emails to know what is being asked of her.
Hello, I have the same behavior. Has someone found the way to change the settings to have the right default language?