Removing digits from a number in a Sharepoint List

Copper Contributor

I have a sharepoint list with a column called "Cust Po Line#".  When data is imported into the cells of this row the source data shows the data as  100000000, 200000000....1000000000, etc.  I need to remove 8 zeros from the end of every number.  Can this be accomplished in sharepoint.  So, end result would be 100000000 would be 1 and 1000000000 would be 10.

3 Replies

@Kaptain_1959 How you are importing data in list rows/cells? There are multiple ways to remove zeros from the end of number like using Power automate flow or PowerShell or calculated columns, etc.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

The data is imported from a CSV file that is downloaded from our Sage accounting software. The currents sharepoint list has hundreds of entries so my first thought is to use a calculated column in the sharepoint list. I know how to accomplish this in excel.

@Kaptain_1959 If your "Cust Po Line#" is of type "Number", use below formula for calculated column: 

=[Cust Po Line#]/100000000

Column settings:

ganeshsanap_0-1655473290060.png

Output:

ganeshsanap_1-1655473457601.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.