SOLVED

Removing Choices in a sharepoint list if answer is listed as an item.

Copper Contributor

Hello, I'm fairly new to SharePoint. My knowledge is minimal. I've recently began to try to make an appointment signup for my work center. My issue is with the choice column I am using for users to select the time of their appointment. Im struggling to find a way to remove choices as they are selected so other users can't select the same time slot. I'd imagine its certainly doable via column formatting but Im not familiar with how it works. 

What I've tried to do is use MS Forms paired with choice eliminator. It would work; however, my business has security measures in place not allowing me to download google extensions. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Will_bhumble1201 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Will_bhumble1201 out-of-the-box SharePoint has never been able to avoid clashes, and there is no way within SharePoint to alter the choices shown in a choice column.

When I needed to build a desk booking system for our offices during COVID I did it with Power Apps as the front end and SharePoint lists as the backend. It was based on the solution offered by April Dunnam at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgvQjQsJa80

although my app was quite a bit different as I had multiple offices to deal with.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Will_bhumble1201 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Will_bhumble1201 out-of-the-box SharePoint has never been able to avoid clashes, and there is no way within SharePoint to alter the choices shown in a choice column.

When I needed to build a desk booking system for our offices during COVID I did it with Power Apps as the front end and SharePoint lists as the backend. It was based on the solution offered by April Dunnam at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgvQjQsJa80

although my app was quite a bit different as I had multiple offices to deal with.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

View solution in original post