Remove "Recycle Bin" from Quick Launch

Copper Contributor

Are you able to remove the "Recycle Bin" link from the quick launch menu?

There's nothing in this for the navigation options or in the quick launch options.

I don't want to remove the recycle bin entirely. just hide the link from this section so it can be used for other links.

10 Replies

Hi @mr_w1nst0n

Thanks for the reply, I did follow through with this however looking at it these options don't actually exist anymore for subsites. I looked through SharePoint for permissions levels to allow this, and despite being an owner and the primary admin this still doesn't show as an option to be able to remove :\

Hi @jtdavies,

thanks for the feedback!

I tried the approach 2 (Remove Recycle bin from quick launch in Modern SharePoint Online Sites) in my tenant lab and it works fine to me.

I used a Team Site as template (not communication site) and I don't see the recycle bin on both root or subsite level in the navigation bar.

I tried this approach:
Go to Site Settings >> Click on Site Collection Features >> Activate the “SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure” feature. It takes a moment to activate the feature.
Once activated, click on the “Site Features” link from site settings >> Activate the “SharePoint Server Publishing” feature.

It worked in removing the recycle bin navigation link but it forced my navigation back to the left hand rail and I can see no way to put it back on top, mega menu style.

Any tips, thanks.

@Brett Williams if you ever find out how could you let me know, Im having the same issue smh

@mr_w1nst0n 

We did find this article, however, we are trying to stay away from turning on classic features.  Is there any other way to do this?

Would like to figure out how to do this with Embed web part or Code web part using css. I tried but missing something. Maybe it won't work at all?
Same here. Guess we cannot have them both: hide Recycle bin and keep Horizontal navigation for a Team site...

@jtdavies - did you ever figure out how to remove the Recycle bin from Modern sub-sites. Trying to do the same and not finding a solution.

@billahearn I have not heard from anyone how to do this.