SOLVED

Remove or edit the built-in templates for new pages or news post on a communications site

Brass Contributor

Does anyone have any experience with removing or editing the built-in SharePoint templates when creating a new page or news post on a communications site? I want to remove them, but at the very least edit them so the 'Audience' for the Audience Targeting is pre-configured.

I can do this with a template that I've created and set it as the default, but I want to eliminate the risk of users choosing the wrong template as I need them to be pre-configured with an audience set.

2023-02-03_16-50-30.png

5 Replies
best response confirmed by callumlinning (Brass Contributor)
Solution
No, Currently microsoft doesn't provide anyway to hide these
Thanks, Nicolas. Do you happen to know if there's a way to edit these built-in templates? In particular, the Template Details for the Audience Targeting
No there's no editing of them either. So if you edit them and save, they will added under "Saved on this site" which is a seperate menu,
Got it, thanks Nicolas. Appreciate the speedy response!

@callumlinning I don't have a way to hide it or edit it. But I have a workaround. I made my custom template the default template, so when a user selects a new page, it takes them to the Saved on this site Tab.Picture1.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by callumlinning (Brass Contributor)
Solution
No, Currently microsoft doesn't provide anyway to hide these

View solution in original post