SOLVED

Remove or Disable Page Options from SharePoint Online Homepage

Copper Contributor

Hello.

How can I remove or disable below highlighted options (New and page Details) for users on SharePoint Online modern site home page? As an admin, only i would like to have access to them.

PageOptions.jpg

6 Replies

@rameshmukka Basically when you add "Everyone" in Visitors group, they won't be shown the Page Details and New Pages menu.

@Ade_Budiman_Lim I have Power App form on this page, so i cant make the users the visitors. Do we have an alternative? I have been searching it for so long?

In SharePoint we can create our own permissions for example "New Contributor", hopefully you can create a new permissions then grant the users with that new permissions.

@Ade_Budiman_Lim May be I didnt make it clear in my question. I would like to have contributors on my site but I dont want them to see the options I mentioned in my question. How do you think its possible? Please advise.

best response confirmed by rameshmukka (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@rameshmukka you can't hide those from users with contribute permissions.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

For folks with a similar situation. Not sure if the following accomplishes the goal of OP. I have an embedded Power Apps application on my SharePoint site page 'Home', which is also the site homepage. The data source for the application is a SharePoint List on the same site.

1. Granted 'User' permission on the Power Apps application to the users.
2. Added the users to the site group 'Members' with edit or contribute permission level.
3. Manage access for the site page 'Home' and set 'Members' to 'Can View'.

Users no longer see New, Page Details & Analytics buttons. They can interact and contribute to the embedded Power Apps application without issues.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by rameshmukka (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@rameshmukka you can't hide those from users with contribute permissions.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

View solution in original post