SOLVED

Remove highlighted rectangles on news posts because it had been set to home page

Copper Contributor

One of the features of setting a home page is that news posts get a highlighted rectangle with the home page name; I guess to signify that it's special. I don't want them anymore.

Screenshot 2022-10-18 133048.png

Things I've tried:

- Removing the home page

- Setting the home page to something else

- Removing and putting back the news web part

I am back to the exact settings where these rectangles didn't exist before but now, they won't go away.

Thanks

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Will_Hoch (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Will_Hoch The colored rectangular block on news will appear when news is coming from one of the organization news sites.

If you set a communication site as the home site for your organization, it's automatically configured as an organization news site.

DocumentationCreate an organization news site 

I don't think you will be able to remove it from news web part settings. So, you may need to remove a site from the list of organization news sites using PowerShell: Remove-SPOOrgNewsSite

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Will_Hoch (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Will_Hoch The colored rectangular block on news will appear when news is coming from one of the organization news sites.

If you set a communication site as the home site for your organization, it's automatically configured as an organization news site.

DocumentationCreate an organization news site 

I don't think you will be able to remove it from news web part settings. So, you may need to remove a site from the list of organization news sites using PowerShell: Remove-SPOOrgNewsSite

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post