SOLVED

Remove Comma from Number Column in Sharepoint List

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I have created various sharepoint lists that represent master chart of accounts for our financial systems general ledger codes.  I have set up number columns to represent a unique code attributable to an item (e.g. 2001 would be assigned to Interest Revenue etc).  However, but using a number column the code defaults to appear as "2,001". 

There is no way to remove the comma without effectively converting either the column or the data to a text field.  Using a text field is not an option I want to pursue, as when the data is exported to an excel table, excel doesn't pick up the data as a number.  So when trying to apply a formula like vlookup, it will not be able to read the data from that column.

• Could anyone identify if there is an obvious solution to this; or
  • Where can we go to request/promote a feature or enhancement back to Sharepoint Developers? 

Thanks

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Kruchiver (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Kruchiver,

You can submit requests via the SharePoint User Voice. There are a number of submissions requesting the same.

I hope this helps.

Norm

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kruchiver (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Kruchiver,

You can submit requests via the SharePoint User Voice. There are a number of submissions requesting the same.

I hope this helps.

Norm

View solution in original post