Remove a member from an Office 365 Groups does not reflect in Teams

Copper Contributor

Hello, 

Yesterday, I created a Power Automate flow to compare a list of email addresses that I had in an Excel File with the current list of people in a Teams Group in order to then trigger a "Remove member from an Office365 Group" in Power Automate. 

I checked with the graph API doing a query of the members in this specific Teams group and they disappeared, so the flow worked well. But on Teams, now 24h after, these two people are still in the group and it looks like it is not updating... Do you have any idea if it takes days? If this is normal? 

I tried to think of this flow because we have multiple Teams groups to manage with specific people accessing it, this list is dynamic and it's very time consuming to do it manually. Do you have any specific other options in this case?

Thanks a lot for your help. 

Gautier

6 Replies
Hello,
It can take a while to reflect in Teams, but it should also be removed.

@Andres Gorzelany Hello, 

Thanks for your reply. What do you mean by a while? The flow was run at the end of the day on the 28th and still it does not reflect. Again, if I go in the graph API and query the teams ID where I wanted to remove these 2 people, they don't appear... But if I go in Teams, they do. 

Otherwise, do you think of any other solution to better remove/add automatically people in Teams group when we have dozens of groups? 

Thank you. 

Gautier

I think they should already be gone from Teams, where are you looking at the membership of the team?
Hello,

No unfortunately, they still appear in the Teams app in "Manage Team"... I clearly don't understand why in the graph API they don't show up in the list of people that have access but they do in the Teams app... I might be doing something wrong no?

Other than that, do you see any viable solution to manage dozens of add/remove in multiple teams? I saw that if I have access to AD, there was the possibility of ingesting csv files...

Thanks a lot.
All the best,
I am a PowerShell guy so I would probably use Exchange Online PowerShell (-UnifiedGroup/-UnifiedGroupLinks cmdlets) or Graph PowerShell (-MgGroup/-MgGroupMember)

What do you see if you use these cmdlets to list the members?
Unfortunately, I don't use PowerShell I am not an advanced user...

But thanks for your answer!
Gautier