Regarding the SharePoint Document Library Permissions

Brass Contributor

Hi there, I create several subfolder in one document library. its hierarchy is like: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Documents [Root Folder]

SubFolder -A [there several user account with different permission inside]

SubFolder -B [there several user account with different permission inside]

SunFolder -C [there several user account with different permission inside]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

my question is there is a user account named "PETER" with a contributor permission in Root Folder and SubFolder -A, today the user logged in the SharePoint Online and accessed the Root folder, everything works properly. BUT It is weird he/ she cannot see the SubFolder -A. I am pretty sure he/ she has a properly permission in SubFolder -A. does anyone have any idea on it? thanks

3 Replies

@Will # _________ H 

Document library also one kind of List. So you can try with Root Folder>Setting>Permission for this Document Library.

And then Sub Folder1, you can see three dots marks and click it and select Manage Access. Then you can check permission. Otherwise you can Grant access or when clicking Advanced in the bottom of Manage access menu, you can edit your item or document permission there.

@Shrinika_Atapattu 

At the same time, PETER has permissions in the root folder and three subfolders @@. when Peter access the ROOT FOLDER, he should find three subfolders inside, BUT he cannot.

@Will # _________ H 

Maybe Sub-folders permission will not grant to PETER if PETER has Root folder permission.