SOLVED

Referencing Column Properties with JSON

Copper Contributor

Using JSON (column formatting) Is there a way to reference the available items in another choice column by their index number in the array?; something like [$MyColumn].[2] Note, I'm not talking about the items selected for that particular record, but all of the items available for that particular column.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by automan25 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@automan25 no, that's not possible as JSON column formatting can only get that item's data, not scan across all items. That can be done with view formatting and samples are here. But even with that I don't think you can do what you are asking. Happy to be proved wrong.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by automan25 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@automan25 no, that's not possible as JSON column formatting can only get that item's data, not scan across all items. That can be done with view formatting and samples are here. But even with that I don't think you can do what you are asking. Happy to be proved wrong.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

View solution in original post