SOLVED

Reducing duplicate values in a sharepoint list lookup through previous other metadata

Copper Contributor

I have a Microsoft List, I'll call it List 2, that has say ClientID, ClientName, TaskID, and TaskName listed for all clients.  I then want to filter metadata in a document library based on lookups.  For example my user uploads a document to the document library and the a lookup column is available for ClientName which currently I have looking at a second Microsoft List, I'll call it List 1, that contains just ClientID and ClientName to avoid duplicate lookup items.  I would then like to be able to have a lookup field that references selected ClientName from List 1 and only return values based on the already selected ClientName that was chosen in the ClientName column.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by heathboroff (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@heathboroff This is not possible using SharePoint out of the box capabilities.

You will have to customize the library properties forms using Power Apps to achieve this in SharePoint online.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

@ganeshsanap is that an additional license or part of the M365 E5 package?   I also have a power automate premium license but not sure what is included regarding power apps.  

@heathboroff It comes with M365 E3 plan as long as you standard connectors provided by Microsoft. 

For you requirements, you only need standard connectors which comes with M365 E3 plan - without any additional licenses.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by heathboroff (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@heathboroff This is not possible using SharePoint out of the box capabilities.

You will have to customize the library properties forms using Power Apps to achieve this in SharePoint online.

View solution in original post