Recommendations for Hub Site Navigation

Bronze Contributor

Hi everybody, now that hub sites are rolling out a few of you had the chance to mess around with them, I was wondering how you're utilizing the Hub Navigation? What targets are you adding?

I've tried adding all the related Group Sites, but I'm uncertain how helpful that really is, since most users don't have access to all of those groups and the navigation is not security trimmed, meaning they just get an access denied page upon clicking on the hub navigation links.

5 Replies
I keep my links to org accessible sites. My departments all have org facing comm sites to do their news / files etc. that pertains to the org as a whole. On those sites is links to their Private site which is labeled as such.

It would be nice to have security trimming, which will come in the future, but for now, I'm just trying to keep the main hub site all focused around organization level.
That is pretty much where I'm at currently. We're pretty small with about 80 users so there aren't really that many org-wide accessible sites out there, except my departmental comm sites. So my "corporate hub/central hub" technically isn't a hub yet (except that I've modified the news web part), and I've only hub-ified one other comm site and added links to private group sites.
Would it make any sense to put external links in a hub navigation or any other deep links to other Office 365 services?
we have sites in the nav to a lot of area's in our public site, to major documents / org chart / and a lot of other widely used functions. I even have Private sites as part of the hub, even thou their content won't roll up unless someone has access to them, they still get the org nav at the top of their sites which is nice.
documents I can understand somewhat. Do you have examples of "other widely used functions"? Do you have a couple of links that are identical in hub navigation as well in the site navigation?
I mean similar to a website, we have a section dedicated to Sharing news with different channels in our company, a section "about org" that links to things like Code of Conduct, history pages, org structure some things like that, then a department sites, which is our org facing sites, then a section for "Tools" of common tools like webmail, external systems such as expense reports, LMS System, Org calendars, org floor plans, just a collection of frequently accessed stuff.