Read and aknowledge feature for Sharepoint pages using a list

Iron Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a "Read and aknowledge" functionality for our site, to be used for certain Sharepoint pages (e.g. routines and procedures). I hope to achieve this using out-of-the-box features in modern Sharepoint Online.

I got an idea, but don't know if it'll work or if there might be better ways to achieve my goal. Anyhow; this is what I got so far:

I've created a list called "acknowledged". When users add a new element they get a very simple form:

• The first field is a lookup field listing all pages.image.png
  • The second field is a simple Read and aknowledged (Yes/No) check. 

I now basically have a list showing all receipts for read and aknowledgement. My list shows who has signed (Created by), when it was signed (Created) and which site was signed.

Now I can add this list to the pages I want users to "sign". But this is where it's starting to get a bit complicated. image.png

• I'd like a user to be able to press a "sign and aknowledge" button from the page they're on. However, when the "New element" dialogue shows up it gives the user a looong list of pages for the first entry field. Is there some way I can prefill the "Page" field with the page you're on when you press New (or a separate button). *

(* I presume there might be some way to hard code the links used on each individual page, but that'll probably be a really bad solution. I do hope there's a more dynamic way to do it).

• The same applies to filtering the list. Obviously, I'd like to give the user feedback on whether or not they've previously signed the page they're currently viewing. Right now though, they see the full list (of their own entries). And again: I'd preferably be able to create a dynamic filtering, instead of e.g. individual views for every single page.

Have I started down the road to hell? Am I onto something that, with some tweaks, can actually work? What do you think and do you have any suggestions, solutions, or alltogether an entire different way to do this?

1 Reply
Hi, I think the best way to achieve this is to develop a custom SPFx web part and add it to a page and save the page as a template. The contributors can create a page based on the template and add the relevant content for routines and procedures.