"Totals" not showing in Modern List View

Silver Contributor

I have been unable to get "Totals" (sum, average, count, etc) to show on a modern UI list view.

Can anyone confirm that these are not implemented in modern UI?

28 Replies
I don't see Totals appearing in my org, either.
Same problem here!

Does anyone know whether this is going to be a feature in the new UI at some point?  This was one of many reasons that my users demanded we keep our site collection in 'Classic' mode.

Same here - Totals (sum) are turned on,  but not displaying in the view.

However, this undated MS Note indicates that totals are only in the Classic view.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Differences-between-the-new-and-classic-experiences-for-lis...

I'm glad this thread is here because I just spent an hour on 3 separate lists trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. I'm so disappointed, but not surprised, that the View Settings doesn't have a warning about setting field totals (calculations) for modern view vs classic view. I watch promos from Microsoft about how much time the new Office 365 products save, then I spend hours troubleshooting newer versions that have eliminated very simple & intuitive features. So frustrating.

If this is a bug, then why isn't it fixed after almost a year of people discussing it. If it is by design, then why isn't there a warning when end-users are using this "intuitive" product to not waste time on the View totals if Modern Experience is active for the list.

Hopefully this will be resolved and the option to view totals/calculations will exist for Modern Experience.

And nooow a year without a fix!

What is even more frustrating than having this very useful function completely removed from the modern experience, is that Microsoft makes no attempt to inform users on the reason why it was removed and what the plans are for this function in the future.

I hate the fact that the Office 365 cloud is becoming an automated Artificial Intelligence platform with no understanding on how to interact with the human species.  I have a feeling Microsoft development efforts are using Artificially Intelligent humans.  

No matter the reason behind poor communication,  leaving millions of administrators in the dark without some true platform that enables us to provide the building blocks to the backend code writers, is barbaric for the 21st century.  

I must admit, the evolution of the Microsoft cloud has been pretty revolutionary.  It seems to be making significant progress and even magnificent leaps in providing customers with a fully configurable computing experience.  But I really and truly would love to see this function in the modern SharePoint list experience.

In the long term, I am positive SharePoint Lists will be the thing of the past and Microsoft will offer a more robust platform that allows the customer to process information compatible with Real Computational Intelligence.  

It is comming soon to the Modern Lists in SharePoint. If you are in de 'First Release' you have it already.

Not available in my tenant either and shows as "In Development" on the M365 Road Map.

Capture.PNG

Hi,

how to get into the first release group?

thanks

@André Maas 

@Lennart7251 

Here is how:

You have to be an administrator of the tenant!

1. Sign in to Office 365 with your work or school account.

2. Go to the Microsoft 365 admin center.

3. Navigate to Settings > Organization profile.
    Navigate to Settings and then Organization profile

4. Next to Release preferences, click Edit.

5. To disable targeted release, choose Standard release, then click Next, and say Yes to the confirmation. Skip to the last step.

6. To enable targeted release for all users in your organization, choose Targeted release for everyone, then click Next, and say Yes to the confirmation. Skip to the last step.

7. To enable targeted release for some people in your organization, choose Targeted release for selected users, then click Next, and say Yes to the confirmation.

8. Choose Add people to add users individually. Search for their names and click + to Add.

9. When you're done adding users, click Save and then Close.

Thanks!

@Brent Ellis  For a while, they showed up nicely as a "sticky" footer. But now totals are gone. Sigh.

I just saw these yesterday and now gone?  

@Oconnov8  I saw them last week, too, and now they're gone. This is Microsoft's favorite game - Peek-a-Boo Features.

I totally need this functionality and it only works in 'classic view'.

I was happy because we had it, but it was temporal, I hope they put it back soon.
Come on Microsoft! This initial post was written over 2 years ago - I just released a Portal to a large group and the fact that I cannot provide a count to items in a list is met with derision. Lots of hard work and credibility being undermined as well as your own reputation.

Perhaps a courtesy reply to this thread would be a good start?

@SteveHancock 

What a absolute fool you are Steve. Microsoft does not care, listen, monitor or really give 2 cents what it is you think, want or suggest.  The developers and the team leaders do whatever the hell they want and these stupid forums are useless and pointless and have absolutely no influence on anything. Its just aa big waste of time!