"Schedule a SharePoint page" function not visible

Copper Contributor

I am trying to schedule a site page like the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/schedule-a-sharepoint-page-or-news-post-to-go-live-at-a-s...

However, in my site page library, I cannot see the "schedule" option in the menu. If I remember correctly, I could see it before this summer(?). 

Have this functionality been removed, or where can I find it? 

3 Replies

@Akteams230 

I have not yet seen this functionality in any of the tenants we manage.  Also not in our test tenants which are on the targeted release.  

This was only announced in May, it is possible it was released then pulled due to issues or released by accident then pulled but I haven't seen this in our tenants. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=62892&rtc=1

If my memory serves well, there was a message in the messages center informing the feature has been delayed

@Akteams230 

@Juan Carlos González Martín   you are right it was delayed. Found this...

Updated August 4, 2020: We have resolved the issue that delayed our rollout of the page scheduling feature and are ready to begin our deployment. The updated timeline will start with a rollout to Targeted Release customers in early August, followed by General Availability in late August.

This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 62892.

When this will happen

• We will begin rolling out to Targeted Release customers in early August. Subsequently, we will begin rolling out to General Availability customers in late August.

How this will affect your organization

SharePoint site owners will have the option to enable scheduling on their sites; it is disabled by default.

When scheduling is enabled, page authors will be able to set a date and time for their pages and news posts to publish.

What you need to do to prepare

You might want to notify site owners that they can enable scheduling on their sites and notify page authors that they may be able to schedule publication if the site owner has enabled the feature. You might also update your user training and documentation.

Learn more about scheduling a SharePoint page or news post to go live at a specific time.