"New Knowledge Management Portals and Microsites"

MVP

One of the topics that grabbed my attention at Ignite 2015 (yes I'm harking back to Chicago) was the Next Gen Microsites and Portals e.g. The New Knowledge Management Portal in Office 365 . I was wondering whether Microsites and Knowledge Portals where still on the Roadmap.

When the Modern Page canvas was revealed I thought that this would heraldthe introduction of the Microsites as a replacement to the Wiki Page library. Alas all that has happened is that it has made it harder to create Wiki Pages and lead to a confusing experience when Adding a Page from the Cog. So in addition to the Microsites, I'd like to understand the roadmap for the Wiki Pages.

6 Replies

I think you refer to infopedia? could it be that after investigation the SharePoint Framework was more prio?

:) You know that new stuff should come before summer, but there is not official information or ETA about when or what...and as a proof of this, we have for instance the Team News feature
I think this is an area where Microsoft needs to clean up the roadmap. It appears that the focus changed between Ignite conferences around KM. Though the Publishing roadmap seems clear the Portal does not. This is a topic that input from @Mark Kashman @Chris McNulty and others would be valuable even if only a 'heads up'.

Yes Paul, infopedia part of my question. Perhaps it did fall off the radar for the Framework and Modern pages but it needs to be put back on the (radar) screen.

There were several discussion about this in the old Yammer network. If I remember correctly, those presentations were intended to show concepts that MS was considering.  The new Video Portal was the evolution of those ideas.

@Mark Kashman may be able to elaborate.

Hi, some news in this area? We have modern sites, modern pages, modern libraries, so what about modern Wiki?