"IF AND" Metadata Filter Logic

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

We are looking at moving our document storage to Sharepoint from Dropbox, we dislike the folder structure in Dropbox as it makes it very hard to find documents which don't clearly fit into one sub folder.

I like what I've seen on Sharepoint with it's metadata system, I've so far been able to add files/folders and implement a Metadata filter. My question now is can I make it so the Metadata filter only displays files with all the selected tags? Sort of like an IF AND logic setup.

As an example imagine I have two tags, one called "Microsoft" which belongs to the "brand" terms and another called "Repair Information". "Microsoft" could be used on files that aren't repair guides and the "Repair Information" tag is used for multiple brands. I don't want to see files that met either criteria I only want to see files that meet both (Repair information for Microsoft)

Any suggestions?

Thanks Adam

1 Reply

@acrcmb  You would filter first by one field, which would narrow down your choices, and then by the other.  If you find yourselves doing the same filter over and over again, you could create a unique view.