"Copy To" of files from "Asset Library" to modern "Document library" will create "_t" & "_w" folders

Steel Contributor

We have a classic team site, where we added an "Asset library" inside it

assetasset.png

and we have uploaded many pictures inside 3 sub-folders. now we need to copy the pictures and folders from the source Asset Library to a document library inside a modern team site. so i selected the 3 main sub-folders inside the "Asset Library" >> "Copy To" >> the document library inside modern team site:-

copyto.png

where the 3 sub-folders and their images were copied correctly from Asset Lib to the Document Lib, but i have noted that inside 2 of the sub-folders we got 2 empty sub-folders named "_t" & "_w", as follow:-

_t.png

so what are those folders? and can we remove them?

second question why we only got those 2 sub-folders inside 2 of the main sub-folder we have copied?

4 Replies
Those used to be used in picture libraries as reference to thumbnail versions of the photos. Not sure why it’s copying those across but pretty sure that’s what it is. Are there any photos in it.

@john john Those are the hidden folders, if you have any images or videos in that document library

‘_t’ = thumbnails 
‘_w’ = previews.

@Chris Webb wrote:
Those used to be used in picture libraries as reference to thumbnail versions of the photos. Not sure why it’s copying those across but pretty sure that’s what it is. Are there any photos in it.

@Chris Webbno they are empty, but looks ugly inside the document libraries,, so can i remove them?

@john john wrote:

@Chris Webb wrote:

@Chris Webbno they are empty, but looks ugly inside the document libraries,, so can i remove them?

@john johnYou can remove them