Quicklinks to Published Documents

Copper Contributor

Hi all

Have got a quick question regarding quicklinks and published documents.  I've had a look through the community and 'durable links' articles but I can't see the scenario that I have, I'm sure someone in the Community can help!  (background, I've been given the task of upgrading our sharepoint platform, we had an IT company that set up the framework and some flows etc, I have basic knowledge (I'm an EA but who is computer literate basically, no formal training, just a learn as I go type) and the IT company have now basically abandoned me with answering any of my questions)

We have a policies and procedures library.  I work on the documents in a "working area" which has all the metadata set up, review dates, document owner etc.  I then 'publish' (using a flow set up by IT company) to another area which is where staff access the documents.  This part all works fine.

The issue I am having is with hyperlinks.  Once I've published the document, all links to the previous document break.  So, on our home page of sharepoint where I have 'links' to the common documents such as a leave form, it comes up as removed.  Similarly if I have links to 'related documents' within the policies and procedures, they all break once published.

I'm really hoping that someone knows a setting or a way to edit the flow to stop this from happening?  I changed the site collection setting to activate Document ID services but it didn't work for me.

Any ideas or should I just ditch the publishing idea. 

Thanks in advance!

0 Replies