Quick Links - Unable to modify URL after a link is created

Copper Contributor

Hello,

In an SPO site collection, I've created a modern page, and added a Quick Links webpart. Then added 3 new links. I wanted to update the URL field to a different link, but found I cannot edit the URL field within the Edit pane.

Anyone else having this issue?

Having the ability to change the URL is quite important, it would be a nightmare to have to delete and recreate the links, just to update a URL.

Thanks everyone,

Cindy

9 Replies

Hi @Cynthia Walby,

This seems to be a bug (or a feature??). I'm getting the same issue.

Or a lack of functionality in the WebPart :)

I'm going to go with a "bug", as I've already had one bug fixed in the Quick Links webpart (clicking link for adding image froze IE11 browser).

Can we submit this as a potential bug, from within this forum?

Thanks everyone for the feedback,

Cindy 

Was there any resolution on this? I am new to site but experiencing same issue.

@Matt Harrison 

2017.... did you ever find a way to edit the URL once created or is it still a bug 4 years later?

@El-destructo it's certainly not a bug; I have no problem changing a quick link's url.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott 

Is this in SharePoint Online?
If so, would you mind pointing me to where? Note this is the QuickLink created on the Pages tab where you can either create a new Page or New link. The details don't have any option I can see for the url.
Tim

Hi Cynthia Walby,
I had same issue so i reach to your post. Now my issue is resolved.
I previously used google chrome for editing sharepoint sites and get those issue.
When I try Microsoft Edge, I do not face such issue.
Now I can properly edit the link update the image of a Quick Link.
Please try using Microsoft Edge.
Regards, Dipu Maharjan
I had the same problem not being able to Edit quick links when using Chrome (the only option showing was Remove).
After reading the above, I used Edge and I the full edit option (Edit, Move, Remove).
Thank you