Quick help with Json formatting of List based on Githhub resource.

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone, 

Can someone help me with the following: 

I created a list and a board view according to the guidance and resources here in Github: https://github.com/pnp/List-Formatting/tree/master/view-samples/board-tags

However, I have no idea where to put the Json code in the list advanced formatting... These are the json resources:

Can anyone help me/point me to where I need to copy paste this code in the list I created? Many thanks!
1 Reply

@philborremans You have to use either of these three JSON files given (as per your requirements).

Follow below steps to add JSON to list view:

1. Go to your list and open the newly created list view.
  2. Open the view dropdown and choose Format current viewganeshsanap_1-1658407603794.png

3. Click on the Advanced modeganeshsanap_2-1658407851484.png

4. Remove the existing JSON from textbox.  Then copy JSON from GitHub, paste it in textbox and click Save.

For more information, follow this documentation: Use view formatting to customize SharePoint 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.