Quick Edit only partially working

Brass Contributor

I used Export to Excel for a list so I could make some bulk edits. I deleted the list so I could re-import it without creating duplicates. After making the necessary edits, I am now trying to use Quick Edit to paste the list back into place. It is only pasting in a few rows at a time and sometimes only part of a row will fill in. The other rows don't fill in at all. I then have to Exit Quick Edit, reload the page, and then I can try to paste in the remaining rows. But again, it will only take a few rows and I have to repeat the process. It's not a huge list (26 rows,18 columns). I can do it a few rows at a time but I'm concerned that sometimes the entire row doesn't fill in and I might miss some data and not realize it. Any idea why this is happening?  

1 Reply

This may have something to do with list items with "Allow multiple selections" enabled. When you export a cell with multiple selections it used a "value1;#value2" format. Does that cause some sort of problem when trying to use quick edit to update cells in those columns?