Question about webpart Hero

Brass Contributor

Hello and sorry for my English;

in this screen from Microsoft, there is the webpart hero who is nice.

In my hub site, i added the webpart hero but there is not like that with one new in top. i tried all setting.

it is the webpart hero or banner webpart ?

I tried set up the webpart hero with last option (news of the hub) but i dont have the same

large.png

6 Replies

That actually isn't a hero web part alone, they used 3 web parts and a layout to achieve that. 

So to get that, add a layout with 2 columns, larger column left, small right. 

Insert a Hero web part and change the settings to single item. Then add a image gallery underneath of it, and in that case looks like 4:3 ration setting with 4 item limit.

Then on the right column, insert a news web part to achieve the news. 

Here is a quick and dirty of how it looks in editor

cap1.pngcap2.png

thanks

and how they do to use full page when they add WebParts. On my page i have margin (i Don't if the traduction is good) in left and right.

By Shrinking your browser window :P.

just that :)

why is not possible to ajust with high resolution ?!

Dunno, probably a best practice size limit to stay in when it comes to Responsive design would be my guess. 

Maybe @Mark Kashman could chime in on that. He likes talking about designy stuff :). 

I think you may be referring to the new hub site news layout, of which you ca learn more in this help and how to article: https://support.office.com/article/Use-the-News-web-part-on-a-SharePoint-page-C2DCEE50-F5D7-434B-8CB...

Cheers,

Mark