SOLVED

Question about SharePoint Online managed paths /Site and /Teams

Copper Contributor

I am working on a new M365 tenant and saw the option to set a managed path for all SharePoint sites that are created by Teams. Is there still a need to use managed paths on SharePoint online, as we cannot set custom/wildcard paths but only /site & /teams. For example, if i leave everything as /site will there be any issues in the future?

For example, can you mange search properties in SharePoint online to include or exclude a managed path. There could be case where you want to limit the search to a /site managed path.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Andrew_AOC (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Andrew_AOC Unfortunately, SharePoint Online does not allow us to create new managed paths. In SharePoint Online, you can only use /sites or /teams managed paths.

There will be no issue if you use either of managed paths for all sites/site collections in your tenant.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Andrew_AOC (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Andrew_AOC Unfortunately, SharePoint Online does not allow us to create new managed paths. In SharePoint Online, you can only use /sites or /teams managed paths.

There will be no issue if you use either of managed paths for all sites/site collections in your tenant.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post