Publishing Image Fields and the New SharePoint List and Library Experience

Learn Expert

If you've been using Office 365 for the past few months, then by now you've probably seen the new Lists and Libraries Experience.

NewExperience2.png

But as it turns out, the new experience doesn't play nice with all the various field types.  In particular, when you include a Publishing Image field in the list view, the view will currently load with the classic SharePoint experience.  The images below show the view with the Publishing Image field (top) and without the field (bottom).  No other changes were made to the list, view, or field.

Comparison.png 

This is probably an oversight that will be fixed over time.  I just wanted to point it out in case anyone is looking to leverage the views and have certain behavioural expectations.

2 Replies

I know this post is old ... but yes I love to use the Publishing Image fields in my custom lists. I'm seeing other issues here with the asset picker. I'd just like to point out the "All Pictures" doesn't display anything but the "Thumbnails" view will display items.

2018-10-09_14-23-55.png

@Haniel CroitoruSeems this is still an issue. Anyone know if there is any plans to fix this?