Programming language Power Apps

Copper Contributor

I know HTML 5 and CSS and some JavaScript but I don't know how to apply this knowledge to Power Apps. What computer language do I need to know to use power apps? 

5 Replies

@David1750 the basic foundation of a Power Apps canvas app is Power FX. You8 can read more about it here. There are lots of very good videos on You Tube by Shane Young, April Dunnam, Reza Dorrani and Laura Rogers which will help you to get started.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

@David1750 Power apps uses Power Fxthe low-code language that can be used across Microsoft Power Platform. It's a general-purpose, strong-typed, declarative, and functional programming language.

Power apps uses excel-like formulas/functions. So, if you know basics of excel formulas, you can easily learn the Power apps formulas. Check below documentations for more information:

1. Microsoft Power Fx overview 
  2. Formula reference for Power Apps 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at other solution because I need to build a relational data base with automation and other features like a global search function. I'm not sure Power Apps can do this, but I will look further into Power Fx.

@David1750 for the database sidwe of things, to keep things in the Microsoft world and make the data easily available in Power Apps, Power Automate etc, have a look at Microsoft's dataverse.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

Thanks Rob,

It looks like Dataverse seems like a replacement for Access. Unfortunately, I don't have an IT/Software engineer at my disposal so, I won't be able to use this tool. I am going with another solution. It's DOM based platform build on modern HTML 5 & JavaScript, which Microsoft tech is still lagging in -MS not quite ready for modern cloud computing apps.