Problem searching lookup value in a particular content type

Brass Contributor

I have a site collection with 6 content types.

This site collection has a number of document libraries each with the 6 content types.

The 6 content types have a column called Asset that looks up to a list - this can be multivalue though in this case only a single value is chosen.

So when I search for an Asset value in the document library I don't get all the results back from a particular content type in my case called Manufacturer. But I have another content type called Drawing and all the documents are returned when I search with the same Asset value.

If I create a view selecting the Asset value the correct numbers are returned.

I've created a managed property mapping to the crawled lookup column Asset with the following checked:

- Searchable

- Queryable

- Retrievable

- Allow multiple values 

Have I missed anything? I can't see why I don't get the full results for one particular content type

3 Replies

Hi @John Seto - I just had a client with a SPO list not returning all the search results. We reindexed the list and a few hours later, search was working as expected. Seems too easy, but I hope it helps!

@John Seto wrote:

I have a site collection with 6 content types.

This site collection has a number of document libraries each with the 6 content types.

The 6 content types have a column called Asset that looks up to a list - this can be multivalue though in this case only a single value is chosen.

So when I search for an Asset value in the document library I don't get all the results back from a particular content type in my case called Manufacturer. But I have another content type called Drawing and all the documents are returned when I search with the same Asset value.

If I create a view selecting the Asset value the correct numbers are returned.

I've created a managed property mapping to the crawled lookup column Asset with the following checked:

- Searchable

- Queryable

- Retrievable

- Allow multiple values 

Have I missed anything? I can't see why I don't get the full results for one particular content type

Thanks for responding @Kelly_Edinger  - I'll try again but I have reindexed a few times.

@Kelly_Edinger I've raised a call with Microsoft. The support technician has escalated the call as there is a problem with the index.