Private Group from one site to another site

Brass Contributor

Happy Friday! or Saturday for those in east

I have a Private SP site having a private group which was created out of a Private channel. can the groups within that ends with -owner/-members/-visitor be added to another SP site? 

If yes, how?

EDIT: if you would like to know why, whoever is member of the existing group of the private site should get access to the other site's specific doc library.

RJ

2 Replies
This is a great question let me explain it here,

So every time you create an office 365 group it has its own SharePoint and can create either a Teams or Yammer base on the needs lets say you created a team.

so all the members/owner will have access to the Teams, general channel, and any other channels created, same for the SharePoint the case for visitor/Guest users can be different where they can be granted access to general and standard channels and also on the SharePoint section and even restrict some or most of the files/libraries for Guests, Visitors, and even members.

Now the last one which is your case that is a private channel, every time a new private channel is created it does creates a separate SharePoint site which is also called child SP, and the members should be from the subset of the main team/office 365 group.

So in the private channel/SharePoint, you can have a member of the main team as the owner and not having one of the owners from the main team even as a member of this private channel / Sharepoint.
I'm aware of the logic and how it works.

What I wanted to do it expose the groups outside the private site.

Right now, the private group of the private channel/site is not exposed to another site or outside their own private site. Is there any way we can expose all the groups (be it, parent or subset or whatever) it so I dont need to manage 2 different document library from 2 different site/private sites which has the same users. meaning, I want invite someone to a channel as a member, he/she gets access to the doc lib associated with the channel and also get added to a different site's document library.

any other suggestion to make my life easier will be greatly appreciated. I could do some flow and automation, but before I embark into that project, exposing the private group would be way too easier and simpler.