SOLVED

prevent users from pressing the Inherit Permissions button

Copper Contributor

Is there a permission level that can be created or some other means where a user can have permissions to create lists and make groups and even stop inheritance permissions on some lists or libraries, but not be able to press the Inherit Permissions button for the whole site?

3 Replies
Can someone point me in the right direction or give me any feedback at all please?
You can create custom permissions group and add users to that, and remove the users from other groups. This should give them the permissions you want them to have

/_layouts/15/addrole.aspx
best response confirmed by Demosthenes1138 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Demosthenes1138 Grant only Contribute access to users after breaking permissions on list where you don't want to allow inheriting permissions from the whole site (for that particular list)?

I don't think there is any other way to prevent users from inheriting permissions from the whole site if they have higher permissions like Edit/Design/Full Control.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Demosthenes1138 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Demosthenes1138 Grant only Contribute access to users after breaking permissions on list where you don't want to allow inheriting permissions from the whole site (for that particular list)?

I don't think there is any other way to prevent users from inheriting permissions from the whole site if they have higher permissions like Edit/Design/Full Control.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post