Power Apps Portal vs Sharepoint Site

Copper Contributor
I'm goint to develop a low code website solution, which must be exportable and importable in different environments/tenant.

I've already seen that for power apps portal is not an easy task do it: https://docs.microsoft.com/it-it/powerapps/maker/portals/admin/migrate-portal-configuration#tenant-t....

I can't find much details on google on the main differences between them.

What are the pros and cons of using Power Apps Portal vs Sharepoint Site?

3 Replies

@fclementiI guess you are comparing two different things.... yes that is true you can still create dashboards in Powerbi, PowerApp, and then embed/show them on your SharePoint site.

even for PowerBi and PowerApps, you can use Sharepoint as data source storage either in the form of an excel file or Sharepoint lists.

So Sharepoint is your Collbartion/storage where all your files/folder, so you can design a page, set standards and rules on documents, and then have Sharepoint lists which can be customized using the powerapps.

@PDostiyar 

thanks for the response.

I'm actually not interested on dashboard/database, which can be a sharepoint list or CDS.

I just need a website for internal use inside my corporate and it seems that can be done as a Sharepoint Site or as Power Apps Portal.

The website should just list item, add/remove item and other simple actions.

As it's mandatory for the requirements to choose a low code solution, I selected these two services, but it's not really clear for me why I should use one instead of the other.

@fclementi  As the base should be Sharepoint even if you want to have PowerApp the data has to be saved/stored in Sharepoint.

so both are good ones PowerApp gives you a customization option while Sharepoint is not giving you much more customization but it is base on the Web parts.